Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Busy Beyond Belief

Between work and freelance, there's been no time for me. No dreaming, no playing.

No writing.

I envy those who have the luxury of time. Lately I've been consumed by pressure from work and my various freelance gigs. It's a bit much.

Perhaps more than a bit.

People say you need to make time, but you can't make more time. There are only so many hours. Mine are filled, and to find more, I'd have to sacrifice something else. Like right now, for instance. I should be working out, but I'm taking a moment. And I feel guilty about it. Guilty because I know I should be doing something else, and I'm playing.

For just a moment.

Now back to it.

3 comments:

  1. I am really sorry to hear of your time issues. I don't think there really is an answer, yet it bugs the hell out of me that I can't come up with something. When I had little kids, I got up at 4:00 a.m. to write. Even if all I did was a page, it made me feel much better during the rest of the day. One thing I know is true for me, but may not be for you (??) is that I have to do any writing FIRST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sporadic with my writing that I don't know when I write best. I need a quiet, calm space, so mornings would work, but I'm such a night owl. I generally write at night, but lately I've been so busy, it really is eat, sleep, work-out, go to work, repeat. Which isn't healthy, and certainly isn't conducive to creating and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe summer will bring a few free hours . . .

    a girl can dream (for you). :)

    ReplyDelete